Wednesday, June 24, 2009

2001 : 05 "Everything Hits at Once" by Spoon


I debated for quite some time about even putting this track on my best-of list. I don't listen to it very often, and when I do, it generally makes me feel pretty awful. But it's a good song.... Or a great one, actually, when I consider that the impact of hearing this is the emotional equivalent of being run down by a car. When it comes on someone's playlist at work it often serves as my cue to take a walk around the block and clear my head. It makes me feel as if no time has passed at all since that spring when I agonized along with this song, thinking about how much I missed my sweetheart but also the enormous mistake I was making by dating her. You see, the lyrics reminded her how much she missed someone too, she'd told me one night. That person just wasn't me.

Angela Smith

Listen: Spoon >> "Everything Hits at Once"

No comments: