Friday, October 2, 2009

2005 : 54 "Dirty Mind" by The Pipettes


I was the last person on Earth who figured out that apparently you get music for free on the internet. I missed the whole Blog thing, which I'm pretty sad about. I know a lot of people complained about the "flavor of the week" bands that popped up around that time. Who can complain about the music being disposable when it's a tribute to one of the most disposable genres of music (I mean this in a good way), the girl group. I wish more groups took advantage of being internet flotsam by just tossing out singles like messages in bottles.

I downloaded this song thinking it was going to be a girly cover of a Prince song, but I was wrong in a great way. This is a fucking amazing catchy tune. This is the best song to drink and bake cookies to. Did we need a full Pipettes album? Hell no, but that's not a bad thing.

James Specht

Listen: The Pipettes >> "Dirty Mind"

No comments: