Sunday, October 18, 2009

2006 : 39 "Tall Green Grass" by Cory Branan


One of the things I love most about "Tall Green Grass" is the story that Cory tells when he plays the song live. A friend passed the live recording on to me about the same time that I got the album, so to me the story is as much a part of the song as the lyrics. The song feels like summer, those kind of wasted summer days that aren't wasted at all because doing nothing and lying about in fields with your friends is the best way to spend a summer day.

Warm molasses midnight on a Mississippi star
Candy apple moon on the hood of my car
Never could've told me you'd've gone this far
I can't even tell you where the fuck we are.

Must be off the radar, off the map
Stretched out in the tall green grass
It's only green, against the blue
It's only me, against you

April Walker

Listen: Cory Branan >> "Tall Green Grass" | "Tall Green Grass [Live]"

No comments: