Wednesday, October 21, 2009

2006 : 48 "Borneo" by The Fiery Furnaces


I admit that I do not entirely get the Fiery Furnaces. I feel like a lot of their songs are over my head. There is something there, but I am not getting it. They are the kind of band that reviewers love to gush over because no one can call them on their opinions. They are the kind of band that maybe we would get if we were smarter. Then again, maybe not.

I like "Borneo" because it has that feeling of wild adventure, all fit in 4:17. The pace and dissonance make the song hard to follow. I am not sure what it really means, but I am not sure anyone else does either.

Rich Thomas

Listen: Fiery Furnaces >> "Borneo"

1 comment:

Damien O said...

as im unfamilliar with song titles, and don't know which album borneo comes from... you should check out their album blueberry boat. i think its their best. its still scattered, but its incredibly well done. they're one of those bands you kinda have to let casually absorb into the back of yer head before you get em.