Wednesday, July 1, 2009

2001 : 22 "Popular Mechanics for Lovers" by Beulah


Did you forget to read the script?
There was never a role for him
It was always you and me, just me
Popular mechanics for broken hearts could help me now

There is this line in Indie Pop lyrics. On the good side of that line are the witty pop lyrics that always bring a smile to my face, and on the bad side of that line are lyrics that make me want to throw headphones out the window. Beulah is a band that has always been on the right side of that line for me.

When I hear "Popular Mechanics for Lovers," I spend the rest of the day singing it to myself. Lines from the song drop out of my mouth when I am not noticing. This happens in a way that makes me happy. That is a good pop song to me.

I heard he wrote you a song
But so what
Some guy wrote 69
And one just ain't enough

Rich Thomas

Listen: Beulah >> "Popular Mechanics for Lovers"

No comments: