Tuesday, July 28, 2009

2002 : 35 "Light & Day / Reach For The Sun" by The Polyphonic Spree


The Polyphonic Spree fills me with joy and happiness. The music feels like an ocean wave crashing over me. It is so powerful and so much going on. If feels better to just flow with it rather than fight it.

I love the idea of them having such a large group of people playing together. I think there is a real power of the crowd here. They make good use of having that many voices. The songs have something that a single voice or an overdub just cannot do.

The Polyphonic Spree are in a space between a novelty act and serious music. They are doing something that is a little outside what anyone else in popular music are doing. I think that makes it cool.

Rich Thomas

Listen: The Polyphonic Spree >> "Light and Day / Reach For the Sun"

No comments: