Wednesday, July 29, 2009

2002 : 37 "Please" by Apples In Stereo


Please, tell me what to do
please, to get in touch with you
and I tried to call your satellite
but baby you would not receive
and I tried to call your satellite
but baby you would not believe

I love the Apples in Stereo. They have a high energy that is just unmatched. They just crack up everything. "Please" is the perfect under-three-minute pick me up. I hear this song and I just want to dance around the room. I can hear music history in this song. The guitars make a wall of sound. The song is fun and should be played loud. It is the kind of song that can make you fall in love with pop music again.

Apples in Stereo makes me think about the genre of Indie Pop. Some people might look at that as an oxymoron. How can something be both popular and independent? I am not sure, but I am pretty sure that this decade has seen the birth of Indie Pop, and it makes me happy.

Rich Thomas

Listen: Apples in Stereo >> "Please"

No comments: