Monday, August 31, 2009

2004 : 14 "Section 12 (Hold Me Now)" by The Polyphonic Spree


There is a pure joy to The Polyphonic Spree that keeps me coming back to them. The first album felt like someone was trying something they were not sure if it was going to work, but they were going to try anyway. The second album, Together We're Heavy, sounds like they have no doubt it is going to work.

I think the tough thing about projects like The Polyphonic Spree is the ability to keep them going after the first album. It is so easy to not find any additional artistic ideas after the first album. I was impressed that they were able to make a second album that surpassed the first. I love The Polyphonic Spree because it is large and seems to be beyond cynicism. There is a place for that in my world.

Rich Thomas

Listen: The Polyphonic Spree >> "Section Twelve [Hold Me Now]"

No comments: