Friday, September 4, 2009

2004 : 28 "Going Underground" by I Am The World Trade Center


Every once in a while I like a song that I do not expect to like. "Going Underground" is one of those songs. I remember playing this song at a party when it was my turn to DJ. The host said that did not expect me to like this song. They thought it was too dance-ish and electronic for me. That comment did not surprise me. "Going Underground" is not in my usual wheel-house.

I am not sure what is going on here. Did I change? Is I Am The World Trade Center doing something different, or is this song close to other songs? In other words: Did the world change or did I? I am not sure how answer that. Yes, my taste has changed over the last 10 years. I have been exposed to music that I did not expect. But there is something about "Going Underground" that I was not hearing before. I think that electronic music has moved to the center.

So what do you think, did the world change or did I?

Rich Thomas

Listen: I Am The World Trade Center >> "Going Underground"

No comments: