Friday, September 18, 2009

2005 : 08 "Second Option" by Caitlin Cary and Thad Cockrell


I don't wanna be your second option
I don't wanna be your afterthought
I don't wanna know the plans you make
If they're not with me then call 'em off

When you go through a breakup, breakup songs seem to find you. I know that this song popped off this album at me because of a breakup I had at the time. When I would be feeling bad about the breakup, I would listen to this song over and over again. It is not just the lyrics, but it is the whole package. It is the singing, the drum intro, the guitar playing—the whole thing sounds like trying get over a woman. Even now, long after the relationship and finding love again, I love listening to this song. It is a great song about trying to tell someone off, but not being over them.

I don't wanna hang on your pretty hook

I don't wanna wait another day

I'm the biggest fish in your shallow water

Always be the one who got away

Got away
I've been alone on Sunday, baby

I've been alone on a Monday

I've been alone too many days baby

Don't you ever doubt it

When I can learn to live without it

I'll be gone

Rich Thomas

Listen: Caitlin Cary and Thad Cockrell >> "Second Option"

No comments: