Monday, September 21, 2009

2005 : 16-17 Aught Music Roundtable: The Sunset Tree by The Mountain Goats


Roundtable Part One: "Dance Music"

Wow, this song really hit me. The first time I heard it, I listed to it ten times in a row. It expresses this idea in a way that totally made me take notice. Yes, I have drowned out fighting with music in my life. I guess it is something most of us have done.

Rich Thomas


Roundtable Part Two: "This Year"

I find "This Year" to be inspirational in a self-deprecating, defeatist sort of way. It's like that point when the pile-up of stressful and potentially terrible things one must deal with becomes so overwhelming it's suddenly laughable. And that's exactly the point when things start to get better.

April Walker

Listen: The Mountain Goats >> "Dance Music" | "This Year"

No comments: